How do I report a Safeguarding Concern?

Modified on Fri, 27 Nov 2020 at 09:43 AM

If you are worried about a child, it’s vital you report your concerns. Doing nothing is not an option. It’s also important you stay calm, and if any child is present, reassure them they are not to blame. But don’t make promises of confidentiality or outcome. 

There are five ways to report a concern: 

1.  To your Club Welfare Officer (CWO) or League Welfare Officer (LWO) – please find out from your club who these people are or check your club / league website 

2.  To your County FA Designated Safeguarding Officer – 

3.  By emailing The FA Safeguarding Team at or by calling and asking for the safeguarding team on 0800 169 1863

4.  If urgent and you cannot contact your CWO, LWO or County FA Designated Safeguarding Officer, you should call the NSPCC 24-hour helpline on 0808 800 5000

 5.  If it is an emergency because a child or children are at immediate risk, then call the Police or Children’s Social Care in your area.

Was this article helpful?

That’s Great!

Thank you for your feedback

Sorry! We couldn't be helpful

Thank you for your feedback

Let us know how can we improve this article!

Select atleast one of the reasons

Feedback sent

We appreciate your effort and will try to fix the article